Adding your first Course
2. Sign up using your UC Davis email
3. Once logged in, you will be prompted to add a course. Click the “Add course” button.
4. Click the blue plus button “+”
5. Click on the “Select a course” field to search for your course.
6. Type in your course abbreviation (e.g. CHE 2A)
7. Tap on your course from the drop down.
8. Click “Add Course”
9. You're ready to start posting!
10. Click on the back arrow to get back to the main home screen.
How to Post a Question
To post a question or discussion topic, click the plus “+” button on the top right corner of the home page. Or, select “Post Question” from the menu.
When you're done, swipe left on the topic to mark it as resolved and send it to the Archive tab.
You can always find resolved questions from the class in the Archive section.
Start or Join a Video Room
Click on a topic to open the chat
Click on "Enter Video Room" - this will bring up your camera
Go to video.karmacollab.com on any desktop browser - this will show a QR code
Using your phone, center the QR Code using the in-app camera
Your browser window will automatically direct you to the video room for the topic
Check your microphone & video camera
Anyone else in the discussion will receive a notification that someone entered the video room
How is my Karma Score calculated?
You get points for:
Posting quality questions
Posting quality chats
Chatting in a video room
You get the most points for video chatting, so don't be shy! Climb to the top of the leaderboard by being a discussion guru.
Is something broken or not working right? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for App-related issues.